Saturday 29 January 2011: Round-Up


Dorking Wanderers look unstoppable as Ferring discovered when they visited West Humble where the home side romped home hitting four goals without reply. Dan Evans hit a hat trick on 23, 41 and 64 minutes with Kevin Burgess’ strike just past the half hour completing the tally. Barnham also picked up a big win and could yet mark their debut season by finishing in a promotion place after dishing TD Shipley 5–0. Matt Hibbert opened the scoring after just seven minutes and added a second after 58. Sam Enticott on 11 minutes and Ashley Harper on 24 ensured Barnham were comfortable at the break. Jacob William after 76 minutes completed the big win. Newhaven stayed on level points with Barnham with a 3–0 defeat of Haywards Heath Town. All the Dockers’ goals came in the final half hour through Mark Probert (60), Barry Knight (65) and Lee Robinson with a minute remaining. Bosham’s promotion challenge suffered a set back as visitors Rottingdean Village took all three points in a 2–0 win. Michael Demario on 26 minutes and Kris Pover five minutes before the break got the goals. Broadbridge Heath moved up a place as they swept aside local rivals Forest by five goals to nil, the result leaving Forest rooted to the foot of the table. Russell Mortimer was another hat trick hero scoring after 9, 13 and 72 minutes. Ben Garman weighed in after 67 minutes and Jamal Sultan rounded off the scoring on the stroke of full time. Ifield Edwards’ match with Uckfield Town was postponed due to an unfit pitch at Ifield Green.

In the Division Three Challenge Cup second round Saltdean United made the best of the long trip to Sidlesham finishing up as 3–0 winners. Lee Pontin got the Salts underway ten minutes into the second half and a rapid brace from Ebou Jallow after 80 and 85 minutes secured the win. Pease Pottage Village dominated Balcombe in the third round of the Mid Sussex Senior Cup winning 6–0 and completing a nap hand as none of the winning sides conceded a goal. Tiago Andrade after ten minutes and Jamie Wanstall shortly before half time paved the way for second half goals by Kieron Purkis (51), Jamie Ashley (55 and 72) and Jack Munday on 81 minutes.


In the Montgomery Cup Third Round Furnace Green Galaxy eased past Division One side Cuckfield Rangers 4–1 at Whitemans Green. Gary Bidwell, D. Butler, Ben King and D. Smart scoring for Galaxy and T. Flower replying for Cuckfield.

In the League Lewes Bridgeview held on to top spot, but only just as Ifield Edwards II came back from 4–1 down to run them close, finally losing 4–3. Lewis Ramadan scored all three for Ifield, while R. Reed netted all four for Lewes. Old Varndeanians moved up a place to fifth thanks to an 8–0 home win over bottom side Uckfield Town II. Phoeix United beat Buxted 2–0 at home to remain in eighth place. Gerald Manville and Martin Scott scoring the goals. Franklands Village’s home game with Dormansland Rockets was postponed as Franklands couldn’t raise a side out.


Newick II went out of the Stratford Cup, losing their Second Round tie 3–0 at Division Six league leaders Jarvis Brook II.

In the league Fairwarp regained top spot from Copthorne II after beating them 2–1 at home with F. Egleton and J. Fosket scoring for the home side. Wivelsfield Green kept up the pressure at the top as they went second on goal difference following a 4–1 home win over Handcross Village. S. Canning, D. McLean, K. Sparkes and A. Stevenson scoring for the home side and C. Chalmers netting a consolation for Handcross. Furnace Green Galaxy II picked up three points but remain in fourth place after beating Horley Wanderers 1–0 at home. J. Roach scoring the only goal. Ifield Edwards III remain in seventh place, but have put some daylight between them and the sides below them after beating Buxted II 1–0 away. Dan Dumper’s goal midway through the second half gave them the points.